The Helix Jr. Alumimum shares the same physical design and software as the Helix Jr. Magnesium. The obvious difference is the material from which it's made: aluminum. Therefore the only trade off with the Helix Jr. Magnesium is that the magnesium version is 1 lb lighter and has a matted rough spray, vs. the shinier finish of the aluminum version.
Contrary to popular belief, we did not come out with this version just to hear our British colleagues say the word "aluminum." The real reason is that aluminum is much more inexpensive as a raw material and is much easier to machine, enabling us to provide users with an economical option that is still (eh-hem) lighter than products of our competitors.
- Preventing motors from losing their position (skipping steps) when bumped or moved too aggressively
- Dramatically increasing battery life (up to 5 times longer life!)
- Increasing torque, giving you the extra strength needed for more aggressive panning motions
- Adding the ability to physically adjust the camera’s position by hand and have the gimbal maintain this position
- Increases the precision of stabilization
- Custom CNC machine aluminum frame
- Weighs 5.25 lbs (2.4 kg) in handheld mode
- Weighs 4.65 lbs (2.1 kg) in "fly" mode and no battery
- Payload capacity = 10-12 lbs (5.4kg)
- Includes 2600 mAh Lithium Ion battery .5 lbs (0.2 kg)
- 16 in (40 cm) span handle to handle (handheld mode)
- Converts between handheld and "fly" mode in less than 3 minutes
- Flat bottom design enabling users to set it down without a stand
- Wi-fi enable for iOS application
- One Letus JuiceBox and charger is included!