Images shown with optional Mattebox, and Follow Focus. Camera and lens gear not included.
When you need a “bare bones” camera rig, the Action Cam is the rig! This system is designed to give you minimal weight to maneuver on the camera end. All of the batteries, remotes, transmitters, etc. are stored in the MCS custom backpack. This is the system Shane uses when he needs the most nimble setup possible.
Note: The current MCS line was developed around the Canon 5D/7D by Shane Hurlbut over the last several years. This does NOT limit the system to these two cameras. The whole concept behind MCS is modularity. The camera becomes the least important piece of the puzzle. All you have to do to convert MCS to outfit a different camera platform is replace the cage and camera. We offer a full line of custom camera cages, both powered and non-powered, for current and future cameras.
- Easy to get into tight spaces
- Manual or remote follow focus capabilities
- Easy to rig for action photography, motorcycles, trucks, cars, drive-over cam
- Stripped down but with all advanced functionality
- Optional Powered cage that has remote on/off with any DSLR
- Optional 3-stage 4 x 5 Mattebox & 138 Rota Pola slot with new ARF (Anti-reflection Tray) design
- ARF (Anti-reflection Tray) prevents double reflection between filters as well as reflecting the sun off of filter into actors face when backlit
- Eyebrow to eliminate flare’s
- Quick release top iris rod system
- Back Pack holds all of the battery and MDR support
1 - Camera Cage (choose one)
2 Pin Power Connector
Flexible IR rod
Battery dongle (AC coupler)
1 - Camera Interface Plate (short- only with DSLR cage)
1 - Dove Tail
1 - QR Clamp
1 - Clamp to rod adapter
2 - 6" Black Rods
1 - Top Handle