The Anamorphic adapter(s) allow the conversion of spherical prime and zoom lenses into anamorphic format. This adapter is the first of its kind in the industry. The adapter allow the conversion without any compromise to image quality, yet in turn allow the forming of beautiful oval bokeh that is unique to anamorphic lenses and elegant flares without image color aberration.
* 1.33x squeeze, which will work with all current crop of 16:9 cameras, bringing it to a standard 2.39:1
* Works with current prime and zoom lenses
* Patent pending optical design allow for a even squeeze factor across image which reduce edge softness and the "mump effect" that associate with anamorphic lenses/adapters.
* High resolution.
* 0.8 mod pitch gear for critical focus
* Option of single coated or multi coated lens elements depending on level of lens flare desired. Single coated will produce more flares.
* CNC aluminum housing
* Mounting solution for 114mm outside diameter lens like Zeiss CP* and adapting ring for smaller lens like 77mm, 82mm, etc.
* 1/4-20 thread hole for lens support
* Made ready with matte box (Optional)
* Patent pending clip on 2-stage filter (Optional)
Reviews Hide Reviews
Taking Lenses down to 30mm focal lengths - total Ballbuster
Taking Lenses can be as Low down as 30mm focal lengths - it is a total Ballbuster. No other Adapter out there can do this on Full Frame SENSORS 24mm X 36mm. any other Ana Adapter out there can only go down to 40mm taking lenses. Flares are normal soft beautiful flares, not harsh razorcuts Lines, like the SLRMagic Adapters create, and which look like th Glas cracked on them. Only drawback is it should be 1,5x or even 2x for full Frame . Also the Housing is extremely heavy, it could be improved with carbon Parts to make it lighter. So no run and gun combo will be possible with them.
Great Filmmaking Tool
The Letus AnamorphX-Pro adapter is excellent! It gives all the right visual characteristics we were looking for in the making of our short film, Posers. There's no doubt that focus is a bit tougher to achieve, but that's a given, and can definitely be worked around. We would have liked to see the adapter come with a front cover...not sure why it didn't. The rental unit we originally tested did have one. This cover would really help product the lens adapter. Certainly, the more protection, the better. Great product nonetheless!