Aerial photographers/videographers will also benefit from the extremely small form factor of the AnamorphX-GP. When paired with a brushless gimbal on a multirotor, this adapter will allow users to capture sweeping cinematic footage from the air without investing in a heavy lifter or incurring the added risk of flying 10's of thousands of dollars of gear around.
The GoPro anamorphic adapter also maintains the waterproof integrity of the GoPro 3+ housing allowing for underwater anamorphic footage! Surfers, divers, and other aquatic adventurers now have the ability to capture true 2.39:1 anamorphic format videos. Add cinematic style the next time you drop in on a beautiful double overhead that is barreling perfectly in front of you!
Like to jump out of airplanes, off cliffs, or from bridges? Capture it even more dramatically with the AnamorphX-GP! No need to change out your GoPro mounts or rigging. Simply attach the Letus anamorphic adapter to a GoPro 3+ housing and shoot! No bulk or weight of a traditional anamorphic camera setup.
The Letus AnamporphX-GP for the GoPro Hero 3+ opens up endless possibilities for capturing 2.39:1 cinematic footage for any film maker at any level. So wether you are sending a weather balloon to the edge of space or just spending the weekend at the beach with the family, take your GoPro to the next level with the Letus AnamorphX-GP!
*Note: The Letus AnamorphX-GP will help correct the heavily distorted images caused by dynamic stretch. However, the fisheye effect caused by the use of GoPro's wide lens will remain uncorrected. This holds true with 1080p shooting as well. The lens of the GoPro itself will still produce barrel distortion in the corners even with the AnamorphX-GP.
The adapter can be attached to the GoPro via the GoPro Hero3+ housing (not included) or the Letus ANX-GP lens mount (optional).
a. How to install the ANX-GP onto the GoPro Hero3+ housing?
- Open the housing to access the 4 screws that hold the lens onto the housing. Using the Torx5 screwdriver provided to unscrew these screws.
- Remove the lens and replace with the Letus ANX-GP adapter. Do NOT remove the seal gasket. If you remove the seal gasket, your housing will no longer waterproof.
- Align the adapter so that the Letus logo side is on top view.
- You can use the same 4 screws to attach the ANX-GP into place or you can use the 4 flat head screws provided to scecure the adapter onto the GoPro Hero3+ housing.
- IMPORTANT: It’s crucial that you do a leak test prior to using the complete unit with the GoPro underwater. Immerse the GoPro housing with the new ANX-GP installed without the camera inside for 5-10 minutes and check for any leakage.
b. How to attach the ANX-GP directly only the GoPro lens with the ANX-GP lens mounts?
- Use the 4 screws provided to attach the ANX-GP onto the ANX-GP lens mount.
- Slide the unit onto the GoPro lens (without housing) and align the adapter so that the Letus logo side is on top view and the edges of the adapter parallel with the edges of the camera.
- Use the 2.5mm Allen key to tighten the adapter onto the lens.
2) What recording mode can I use when using the ANX-GP?
You can use any recording modes that your GoPro model allows. However, with GoPro Hero 3 and 3+ Black edition, in the 1080p Superview and 1440p mode, you will experience a slight crop on the 4 corners of the images. This is due to the physical limitation of the super wide lens used in these modes. This phenomenon is called Total Internal Reflection (TIR). You can read more about that here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_internal_reflection. What this means is that it will not matter how big the adapter is, these 4 corner crops will be there. This however does not mean that you cannot use these recording modes. When used 1080p Superview or 1440p Wide mode, the 4 corners will disappear (cropped out) with the fisheye removal process available in post. With the use of the ANX-GP, you will be able to use these modes (with fisheye removal processing) without the fisheye distortion, yet you will retain the same field of view.
3) How to process anamorphic footage in GoPro Studio?
a. Import your footage into GoPro Studio
b. Click on Advanced Setting
c. Chose Remove Fisheye option (recommended)
d. Add clip to Conversion List
e. Convert footage into .AVI files
f. Proceed to step 2
g. Add clip(s) into timeline
h. Apply 4:3 to Wide preset
i. Your footage is now ready to be exported or further edited as desire.
Notes: With footage recorded in 1080p Superview mode, you do not need to apply the 4:3 to Wide preset. The image in this mode had been dynamically stretched from a 4:3 to 16:9 aspect ratio.
The ANX-GP has been coated with a special coating that helps creating lens flares that are uniquely to anamorphic lenses. To clean the lens adapter, only use lens cloth, wipe or solution that specifically designed for camera lens cleaning.
Posted by Ken Chuang on 31st Oct 2016
I've used this adapter with and without the standard housing on my GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition fitted with 5.4mm IR cut lens. Overall solid build quality at a reasonable price.
It's a portable setup that I can practice shooting Anamorphic anytime that I want.
Posted by SepterionFilms on 14th Jun 2016
Best build quality, easy to use and install