This is for the upgrade of the Helix old motor version to encoded motors. The upgrade is available to both standard Helix and Helix Jr. Please note that this upgrade is not compatible with the 42 pole motors Helix (original). For those with the 42 pole motors Helix, please consider your upgrade here.
What are the benefits of encoders?
- Preventing motors from losing their position (skipping steps) when bumped or moved too aggressively
- Dramatically increasing battery life (up to 5 times longer life!)
- Slightly increased torque, giving you the extra strength needed for more aggressive panning motions
- Adding the ability to physically adjust the camera’s position by hand and have the gimbal maintain this position
- Increases the precision of stabilization
- Pan axis does not drift over long periods of time.
How does it work?
1) Order your upgrade
2) Pack up your Helix and put a note in the box letting us know that you need an encoder upgrade and giving the order number you got when you ordered the upgrade. Send your Helix to:Letus Corporation 8931 SE Foster Rd, Suite 110 Portland, OR 97266
3) Upgrade will be carried out on an "first come first serve" basis. Normal time required for an upgrade is 3 to 5 business days, plus any shipping time.
4) Return shipping will be required at the time of order of the upgrade.
5) Once your Helix is done, we will inform you of your return with tracking number.